Much has changed since our beginnings at the corner of Beechmont Avenue and Beechcrest Place in Mt. Washington. After 40 years of growth, the church moved to its current location in 1952. Since then, our growth has been marked by many milestones:
- 1957 – the sanctuary and bell tower were built.
- 1964 – construction of the chapel, Lower Level, Beran Parlor, and second floor classrooms.
- 1966 – the first female elder was elected
- 1984 – Super Wednesday began
- 1991 – addition of the Lobby, Davies Fellowship Hall and the preschool wing
Although the building has changed, who we are as a congregation hasn’t—a diverse group of people united through Christ and our desire to share God’s love and the Good News with our neighbors near and far. It’s that diversity and our call to warmly welcome all that has drawn people to make MWPC their home. We gratefully celebrate where we’ve been and joyfully look forward to what God has waiting for us ahead.