Mt. Washington Presbyterian Church is a congregation of the Presbyterian Church USA. The Session and Deacons are the elected boards which oversee the work of and care for our congregation.
The Session is the governing body of the Presbyterian Church charged with overseeing the work of our Ministry Teams. The congregation nominates and elects representatives to Session, who serve as elders for a three-year term.
- Actively serve our community in ways that engage our members and other participants, continuing to focus on our hunger ministry as well as additional hands-on, multi-generational opportunities.
- Develop a vibrant Young Adult Ministry to connect with adults ages 25-35 who may choose to engage in worship or other ways, such as service, small groups or fellowship.
- Provide for the growth and vitality of our congregation by giving area residents a reason to participate in our community of faith, through effective marketing strategies and by communicating the good work we are doing. This includes engaging visitors and non-member participants.
- Improve member retention by intentionally providing regular contact with every member in a manner that ensures they remain connected to our church, whether through small groups or fellowship events, providing help in the form of a meal or ride in a time of need, or making phone calls to those we haven’t seen in a while. This includes improving our communication with each other so everyone is well-informed.
- Ensure that our children, youth and family ministries address the interests and meet the needs of the groups that they serve, in an effort to improve participation.
- Expect every ministry team and staff member to further these priorities by expressly integrating youth, young adults and young families into church activities and leadership; by intentionally including members as well as non-members in church activities, such as mission efforts and fellowship events; by hosting events to draw in the community, like the Celebration of Children; by diligently connecting visitors and non-member participants to our Care Ministry; and by consistently keeping the A-Team informed in order to share with the community what we’re doing.
While we’re all called to serve those in need, deacons are the light that guides our way. Deacons are the nominated and elected representatives of our Care Ministry Team, which cares for our congregation through fellowship and support ministries.